What’s the lifetime value of your clients? How much does it cost you to get one customer through paid traffic, in a best case scenario?
These are some of the most important questions that a business will spend thousands of dollars trying to analyze and figure out through long-term testing. Sometimes companies even pay outside consultants to optimize their landing pages, advertisement copy, and sales funnel in order to raise their numbers by a fraction of a percent.
Now, what would you say if I told you that there are unlimited non-saturated marketing areas online where people will literally pay you to become your customer.
Now this might be a bit of an exaggeration–but with my Fiverr strategy I have figured out a way to:
- Build My Client List
- Increase My Monthly Revenue
- Get a Short-term Cash Influx
- Find Pre-qualified Leads For My Marketing
Don’t Work For Fiverr: Make Money For Yourself
Most people use Fiverr in a very unintelligent way, and I think I’ve figured out why–so many people are using Fiverr for its marketed service: a way to make $5 for quick jobs.
The real problem here is that most people aren’t smart businessmen, so they see Fiverr as a way to make $20 doing stupid artistic, writing, or maybe manual online jobs.
When I moved into the Fiverr marketplace as someone with (some) marketing experience, I quickly realized that the power and usefulness of Fiverr is something that most people completely ignore.
To make this even more interesting, my Fiverr strategy relies on (slightly) breaking their rules. Anyone who has used their system will realize that you are strictly forbidden from linking to an outside website, email, or any way that you could possibly communicate with your buyers outside of Fiverr’s own system.
The reason they do this is to make sure that the money stays within Fiverr’s own sales system, which means the owner’s of the company get 20% of all sales.
But then again, that’s not even the important part here.
My Blueprint For Monetizing Fiverr Buyers
Here’s my exact strategy for building long-term, high-paying digital marketing clients: (see if you can spot what I do differently)
- Post a normal gig – Make it sound interesting, and make sure it is a smaller (cheaper) version of your normal services
- Get a few sales – (Don’t focus on marketing your Fiverr gigs, just let them come in over time) Fiverr will bring traffic and potential buyers to your gigs and services, you don’t have to worry about them
- Make sure that you are ok with either losing some money on each sale or just breaking even (if you are providing an amazing value to your buyers in order to expedite this process). This step is optional, but you may find it hard to get sales in the beginning if you aren’t offering a competitive value to your buyers.
- Remember that you are not doing this to make money, you are doing this to increase your customer base and hopefully increase your income in a huge way in the long term.
- Deliver your gig – 100% of the time I will attach a word document in the delivery that says report, read me, whatever you want. (Just make sure they read it) And in that word document you link towards your own website, email, or sales page. To super charge this process, and blow up your CTR and conversions, tell them that you are offering a special coupon for purchasing from them as a first-time buyer. Give them a 10% off coupon or whatever you want as incentive.
My doc will look something like this:
Hey, thanks for purchasing my (SEO article writing gig), I really appreciate your support. Hopefully your visitors will enjoy reading the article on your site. By the way, I offer (corporate SEO) to a very select group of clients, and after working with you I’ve decided to offer you an exclusive spot. If you are interested contact me by (email), (skype), or (website). Thanks again, Brandon.
It’s as simple as that.
If you don’t get why this works, or how effective it can really be, let me explain.
If you are selling some sort of online service, maybe hosting, content writing, SEO, video production, than these are some of your perfect clients. By posting a gig you are getting a personal 1 on 1 conversation with proven buyers, (these are people willing to spend money) so you never have to deal with tire-kickes, that you are now building a relationship with.
Any Type Of Online Product Or Service Can Profit From This
Essentially I use fiver as a way to send pre-qualified leads directly to my sales page, after building up my reputation with them, and giving them a sample of my work.
This works in the same manner as $1 trials with 30 day money back guarantees. (Hint: Over 95% of people don’t decide to return the product on average).
On one hand you could use Fiverr and compete with thousands of other people trying to make a living on low-end jobs, or you could take the process into your own hands, and build a successful online company through a reverse lead qualification process.
What are your controversial client acquisition strategies?